May awareness month
May Awareness Month is an annual global initiative to raise awareness of Ehlers-Danlos syndromes (EDS).
Join our amazing community and organise an event, join our social media campaigns or distribute leaflets and posters in your local area – anything you can do to make our invisible visible is welcomed.
This year, we’d love you to show your stripes by taking part in our fundraising Zebrathon – where anything zebra goes. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Ask your child’s school to hold a non-uniform day and encourage the children to wear zebra print clothing or onesies
- Bake zebra cakes and hold a cake sale
- Crochet a zebra and hold a raffle or guess the name
- Hold a zebra lunch at work – each person wears something zebra and brings a dish, so everyone can get together and share. Ask for a suggested donation of £5 for lunch, and £5 to raise funds for EDS UK
- Take part in a local running event and wear zebra print or an EDS UK t-shirt to help raise awareness
The possibilities are endless!
Don’t forget to visit our online shop and order your May Awareness Month materials.