Medical Advisory Panel
Our Medical Advisory Panel provides us with expert independent scientific and medical advice. By working with medical professionals we aim to raise the profile of the Ehlers-Danlos syndromes to achieve quicker and more accurate diagnosis.
- advises the charity on the provision of best-practice clinical treatments for people with EDS in the UK
- provides clinical advice to EDS UK’s membership, for example through webinars, conferences and planned social media events
- works with the charity to agree research priorities to improve understanding of EDS and improve treatments
- oversees peer-review for research proposals received by EDS UK and advises on the monitoring and evaluation of funded research to maintain high standards in research support
- advises the charity on the importance and relevance of developments in research and novel approaches to furthering EDS research