Helpline Advisor (part-time: 14-18 hours/week to include Fridays; flexible location)
This role is now closed to applications
The Helpline Advisor is integral to one of our core services, providing a broad range of information and support, mainly via telephone and email, to people affected by the Ehlers-Danlos syndromes (EDS) and related conditions. People accessing our busy service include those with the condition(s), those seeking a diagnosis, their families, friends and healthcare professionals.
The Helpline Advisor reports to the Advice and Information Manager who works alongside them on the helpline. There is no need to know anything about the Ehlers-Danlos syndromes to apply for this role as training will be given. This role can be home-based where an appropriate working environment, suitable for handling confidential, sensitive phone calls, will be essential.
- You have experience of working in an environment providing support to others
- You must be supportive, patient and empathetic
- You have the ability to set and maintain professional boundaries
- You have excellent telephone, verbal and written communication skills
- You are able to research and explain complex information in simple terms
- You are comfortable working as part of a team and have the ability to accommodate the different working styles of others
- You have experience of working to defined processes and procedures
- You are proficient in the use of email, Microsoft Office software and social media in a professional setting
- You are committed to your own ongoing learning and development
Ideally, you will have experience of working on a helpline or in a health or social care setting and of identifying and communicating safeguarding issues.
- 14 – 18 hours per week. Days and start/finish times to be agreed but must include Fridays. Flexible home/work base available with occasional travel to Borehamwood, Hertfordshire.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Monthly clinical supervision (optional)
Please send a CV and covering letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date: midnight Sunday 27 June 2021. For any additional enquiries about the role please contact Kay Julier on 0208 736 5604. We reserve the right to close to applications prior to the closing date, should a large number be received, so please submit your application as soon as possible.
A fully Enhanced DBS check will be undertaken for the successful applicant.